Borgo de Medici Range
The Medici family ruled the city of Florence in the region of Tuscany from 1433 until 1756. Every time a Tuscan village or town was conquered by the Florentine Army, a stone stamp marker with the Medici House symbol was put in evidence on the wall of the town or on the city hall building and the village become officially a ‘Borgo de Medici”. To honour this historic heritage, in 1999 Massimo Pugi and his family founded Borgo de’ Medici Delizie Toscane in Prato (Tuscany). Working with some of the best artisans, farmers and beekeepers of the region, he developed a complete line of authentic Tuscan fine food creating an ideal village (Borgo) of specialty foods.